B1/B2 Visa Application
At Demidchik Law Firm, our goal is your successful B-1/B-2 visa application. Our highly experienced attorneys will guide you through every step of the process and do everything possible for a positive result. Start your visa application right by calling us for a consultation!
About B1 and B2 visas:
Generally, a citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the U.S. must first obtain a visa, either a nonimmigrant visa for temporary stay, or an immigrant visa for permanent residence. Visitor visas are nonimmigrant visas for persons who want to enter the United States temporarily for business (visa category B-1), tourism, pleasure or visiting (visa category B-2), or a combination of both purposes (B-1/B-2).
Activities that are permitted under a B-1 visa include:
- Consulting with business associates
- Attending a scientific, educational, professional, or business convention or conference
- Settling an estate
- Negotiating a contract
Activities that are permitted under a B-2 visa include:
- Visit friends or relatives
- Medical treatment
- Participation in social events hosted by fraternal, social, or service organizations
- Participation by amateurs in musical, sports, or similar events or contests, if not being paid for participating
- Enrollment in a short recreational course of study, not for credit toward a degree (for example, a two-day cooking class while on vacation)
Our experienced immigration attorneys can help you devise a strategy and course of action to increase your chance of obtaining a visa at the consular post abroad, especially after a previous visa denial. Contact us today and see how we can significantly increase your chances of obtaining a visa!