Client Interview, Consultation, and Legal Research
- Interview potential clients about detailed case information after intake clerks' conflict of interest screening.
- Provide preliminary analysis of potential cases, evaluate the merits of the case.
- Converse with current clients, provide legal analysis of the cases, case strategies, legal options, and probable consequences based on laws and precedents.
- Conduct legal research on black-letter laws and case laws, draft legal memoranda analyzing the issues and make legal recommendations.
Immigration Documents Preparations and Attending Immigration Court Hearings
- Fill out immigration forms, such as family-based immigration applications and employment-based immigration applications, review immigration documents prepared by law clerks.
- Prepare immigration application packets, draft petition letters and responses to USCIS and immigrations courts, select and present relative evidence to USCIS and immigration courts.
- Draft motions to substitute counsel, motion to change venue, motion to adjourn to the immigration courts.
- Prepare clients for interviews and immigration court hearings, attend immigration court master hearings and individual hearings.
- Converse with ICE officers about the case status of detained clients, draft immigration bail letter.
Attending Criminal Hearings, Preparation of Criminal Law Documents, Negotiation with DAs, and Jail Visitation
- Prepare legal and factual arguments, attend criminal arraignments, preliminary hearings, and pre-trial conferences.
- Negotiate with DA to reach an agreement on a mutually acceptable plea.
- Draft memoranda of points and authorities, collect evidence and present them to the court, analyze the credibility of the evidence presented by DA.
- Visit clients detained in jails and advise them of their Miranda rights, right to counsel, and other due process rights.
- Hold case management conference with other attorneys and legal assistants, set deadlines of the tasks.
- Review the case progress and task assignment, report to the management about the caseload and case progress.
- Communicate with the clients about the major steps in the case and listen to clients' feedbacks.
Please send your inquiry and CV to email@example.com
- J.D. degree from U.S. accredited law school.
- California bar admission with current bar license.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and research ability.